[cairo] cairo_show_text and Chinese

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Jul 16 22:07:23 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 15:18 +1200, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> If you want to render non-ASCII text then you should really stop using the cairo "toy text" APIs and start using a higher level text API like Pango. See http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-Text.html... This should be in the FAQ too.

Yes, we definitely need a new question answered there:

	I've been using cairo_show_text, but I want to start doing more
	complex things than it can do. How can I switch to using pango
	instead?

And the answer would have before and after snippets of code.

Behdad, want to write up that answer for us? If you'd like to just post
a reply to this message, I'd be glad to put the answer into the FAQ page
on the wiki.