[cairo] cairo/glitz sample code

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 22 04:17:05 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 11:03 +0530, Atharva wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Right now we are using Cairo version 1.6.4.So, could you please tell me
> for which version, the glits backend does not work with Cairo.
>
> Can you also provide us the patch that you have implemented  OR your
> test code provided in the link below already cover the patch that you
> are talking about.

I'll send it to the cairo list.

> Regarding the slowness, did you take any performance number which you
> can share.Does any one use Cairo-Glitz backend today, because i do not
> find much information about the glitz over the net, too.

Nothing qualitative. Some operations were fast, some appeared slow due
to fallbacks. This may be due to the Intel driver's GL capabilities, I'm
not sure. I think it was tripping over lack of PBuffers or similar.

> So, i am not sure at what stage, the Cairo-Glitz backend is today.

Unsupported. With the patch I'm about to send, it may work again, at
least partially.

For my application, I gave up and coded using GL directly (not as
pretty, but WAY faster).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,