[cairo] Cairo 1.6.4 build failing on AIX 52

Ashish Yadav ashishyadav26 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 01:44:22 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:

> Ashish, you could start using gcc, for example, and we know that it
> will compile cairo's code correctly. But we really don't intend to
> limit cairo's portability to only systems using gcc.

I should have included this earlier, anyway; I am using IBM XL C/C++
Compiler 8. As I was able to compile Cairo 1.4.10 with it, it makes
more sense to stick with it then switching the build system to gcc.

> Oh, but here's perhaps a more likely scenario. Is this on a system
> without a system-installed Xrender library? If so, then the definition
> of XRenderFindStandardFormat will instead be the macro inside
> cairo-xlib-xrender-private.h. And that appears to have some magic
> going on in it.
>
> If that's the case, then you should be able to workaround the problem
> by simply installing the Xrender library.

I already have xrender-0.9.1-2 library installed on the build system.

Anyway as the code is being modified at this time , I'll probably wait
till it's over.

Will there be enough time to include those changes in Cairo 1.6.6?
--
Regards,

Ashish