[cairo] Solicitations for employment on the cairo list

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Jun 25 15:50:09 PDT 2008

I've occasionally had people contact me asking if I knew of anyone
looking for some cairo-related employment. Obviously, I know lots of
talented coders with cairo experience here on the mailing list, but I
never know who (if anyone) might be looking for work, (whether
full-time or contract-based).

The conclusion I've recently come to is that this mailing list *is*
and appropriate place for people to make solicitations of paid work
*if* the work meets the following conditions:

	1. Development will extend cairo or use cairo

	2. The developed software will be made available under a
           free-software license

Does anybody have any objections to that? I'll go ahead and let the
person who contacted me most recently, (Alex), know that this is
acceptable use of the list, and we'll see how things go from there.

Thanks,

-Carl

PS. On the topic of employment, I recently changed employers, (from
Red Hat to Intel). I've been meaning to make a blog post about that,
but I haven't gotten around to it. As for the cairo community, I don't
this change will have any significant impact, (other than a new
Copyright string appearing in files I edit in the future). With the
new job, I'm expected to continue maintaining cairo, and my primary
work will involve 2D graphics driver development which will definitely
benefit cairo performance, (for the xlib backend and with Intel
graphics at least---but there will likely be several generic
improvements to X, EXA, etc. as well).