[cairo] cairo_show_text_glyphs committed
behdad at behdad.org
Fri Jun 27 08:26:04 PDT 2008
For the past two days I cleaned up cairo_show_text_glyphs, and finally
pushed it out now. There is implementation for meta, analysis, and
paginated surfaces. Can't wait to see Adrian's PDF implementation ;).
I've not tested the code AT ALL, except for confirming that my desktop
still runs as it was before.
My short term cairo TODO list currently is:
- Add cairo_scald_font_text_to_glyphs (with correct allocation pattern,
and supporting clusters).
- Update user-font text_to_glyphs to take clusters and generally mirror
- Use clusters in cairo_show_text. The benefits will be marginal, but
can put us in a funny situation where non-ASCII text rendered to PDF
draws as boxes, but when extracted as text, has the correct text.
- Document show_text_glyphs and text_to_glyphs.
- Finish user-font documentation.
- Let user-font unicode_to_glyph return INVALID_INDEX for coverage (to
be used by Pango later).
- Add Hershey user-font
- Make select_font_face use Hershey on NULL/"" or fallback
- Add cairo_toy_font_face getters.
- Add cairo_[sg]et_toy_font_constructor. Should this be per cairo_t or
a global setting? Works fine with GTK+.
At the same time I need to start the Pango counter-part of all these
changes. The show_text_glyphs change will be fairly independent, but
the rest need to fit together. I'll write a detailed mail about that
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
More information about the cairo