[cairo] SSE support in pixman

Rodrigo Kumpera kumpera at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:51:20 PDT 2008

Hi Frédéric,

I'm working with André on the sse2 optimizations. It would be great to
cooperate with you to avoid overlapping. What about using a parallel git
tree for our patches while they don't land mainline? Once the basic
infrastructure I sent over is committed, working in parallel will be easier.

About the deviation on results is mostly due to André's patch not checking
for opaque colours and using streaming writes. From my tests streaming
writes, for some reason, don't have stable performance across difference
cpus. Aligned stores works very well, thou.

Cheers,
Rodrigo Kumpera