[cairo] Cross-built Cairo for ARM not drawing

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:44:39 PDT 2008

Hello Marc,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Marc Singer <elf at synapse.com> wrote:
> Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>  > In openembedded(.org), we have cairo graphics working perfectly on ARM
>  > and PowerPC, and the revisions we tested are listed here:
>  >
>  > http://www.openembedded.org/filebrowser/org.openembedded.dev/packages/cairo
>  >
>  I've stumbled on the unfortunate (and too familiar) problem with OE
>  which is that it doesn't build.  Do you have a configuration file I could
>  use as a starting point?  Something that builds cairo?

I cannot solve 'it doesn't build' only with a config file. I would
like to, but I am sure that we will end up in an off-topic mail thread
here about getting your OE to build.

However, we do not apply patches, and we configure with
"--disable-some-floating-point" for soft floating point targets (not
that it matters up to now).

My cairographics build with these compile flags (for IXP42x):
armeb-linux-gcc -march=armv5te -mtune=xscale -mthumb-interwork
-mno-thumb -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers
-fno-unroll-loops -fno-inline-functions -fweb -funit-at-a-time

OE Prebuilt packages are here, for many architectures:
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/repo/?action=details&pnm=libcairo2

(Use "ar x *ipk" to extract the package, then untar the data.tar* archive.)

Regards,
--
Leon