[cairo] GSoC Requirements / Expectations

Daniel Kraft d at domob.eu
Tue Mar 18 01:52:56 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm planning to apply for Google Summer of Code this year, and am
interested in helping cairo (partly because at least the name is
familiar to me as a Gtk+ user (and I compiled it as dependency on my
machine) and partly because I'm interested in learning/doing some
graphics stuff in general), and some of the projects on your ideas list
sound appealing (like the lookup-table thing and the polygon composition).

But I want to know beforehand if you have any special
expectations/preferences on student applications so I can only apply if
I have chances of being accepted ;)

As stated before, I have interest in graphics, but not yet much
experience on the implementor's side (only some user experience from SVG
"coding").  With programming in general (C included) and things like
make/autotools/shells I have a good deal of experience, and also some
basic knowledge about algorithms and datastructures (participated twice
at the IOI).

Do you think I could find something to do for me and learn everything
needed, or do you look for someone with already cairo/graphics experience?

Thanks and greetings from Austria,
Daniel

--
Done:     Bar-Sam-Val-Wiz, Dwa-Elf-Hum-Orc, Cha-Law, Fem-Mal
Underway: Ran-Gno-Neu-Fem