[cairo] Summer of Code ideas

Marc Vinyals marcvinyals at velodius.com
Thu Mar 27 16:38:54 PDT 2008

Hi,

I found some of the ideas for SoC interesting, so I decided to introduce
myself and ask some questions. I'm primarily interested in math-related
algorithms/projects, thus both implementing cairo_stroke_to_path() and
implementing path operations like combine/intersect/overlay look good to
me. Maybe path operations would be more challenging, but this is just my
first feeling.

I see some guidelines already exist, but I'd like to know how much fixed
  would the projects be. I mean, would it consist of implementing
already known algorithms or would the student have freedom at developing
an approach to the problems?

Regards,
Marc.