[cairo] ahhh ! I think I get it ! - the fbCompositeCopyAreammx case.

Frédéric Plourde frederic.plourde at polymtl.ca
Fri Mar 28 08:01:13 PDT 2008

Mike Shaver a écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Frédéric Plourde
> <frederic.plourde at polymtl.ca> wrote:
>
>>  cairo_rectangle (cr, 2, 2, 4, 4);
>>  cairo_rectangle (cr, 0, 0, width, height);
>>

> Would it make more sense to do something like
>
> cairo_rectangle (cr, width / 4, height / 4, width / 2, height / 2);
>
> so that it's still a subimage, but also scales with the size of the
> surface?  Not sure how important the "sub" part of that test is, of
> course, so this could be a very silly suggestion!
>
> Mike

Hi Mike !

no, no... it's not a silly suggestion at all ;-).
I was just using the  "(0, 0, width, height)"  thing  for investigation
and optimization purposes to see how things were scaling up.

... but I guess that if we intend to change that subimage_copy behaviour
for good in the git tree (let's hear what Carl has to say about that
;-), I guess it's a decent suggestion ;-)

-fred-