[cairo] CMake

Jason G jgmath2000 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 04:47:37 PDT 2008

I was sort of hesitating to do that because these cmake files do not
have the logic that the configure scripts do, they just let me build
projects for my specific configuration.

At any rate, I have no problem sharing them, so here they are:

http://ucfpawn.homelinux.com/~pawn/CMakeLists_For_Cairo.txt

http://ucfpawn.homelinux.com/~pawn/CMakeLists_For_Pixman.txt

These were written for a git pull of cairo and pixman from a few weeks
ago so they might be out of date if files have been added/deleted.  To
use them, copy them into the cairo or pixman base directory and change
the name to just CMakeLists.txt

Also, I wrote a cmake script for fontconfig and got fontconfig to work
under windows.  This let me use the ft2/fontconfig font package under
windows, instead of using the win32 font package.  I'm not sure how
useful it is, but it didn't take me a lot of time and now I don't have
to worry about fonts not working the same in different OSes.  If
anyone is interested in that, I can zip it up and post it somewhere.

Once I figure out how cairo works some more, I would like to write an
OGRE3D backend that will break fills down into triangles and strokes
down into a chain of billboards.  Does anyone think this is stupidly
difficult or are there any major hurdles I should know about?  One
hurdle I can think of is that some things like gradients will probably
not be supported, but I think people who use OGRE are willing to take
what they can get to make some nice 2d effects/animations in their
games.

--
Jason G