[cairo] Userfont hinting

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Sat May 3 10:06:21 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 12:10 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 17:04 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> >

> > Why can't the origin of the coordinate space we're drawing in be taken
> > to be on the baseline, and aligned in device space? I'm probably failing
> > to understand how the glyph coordinate spaces are related, but it seems
> > rather counter-intuitive that the analysis surface doesn't appear to do
> > the "right thing" given that my glyph rendering function explicitly sets
> > up an identity matrix and is careful to draw "on grid" in device space.
>
> Show me the code.  It's supposed to all work.

It took a bit of head-scratching to get a simple test-case outside to
gEDA / gschem, but it appears that the requested font size has an
influence on things.. In this example, I've just fixed my coordinates in
device space in the glyph rendering function, but the output still seems
to depend on the value I pass to cairo_set_font_size(..).

See attached test case.
--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,