[cairo] Idle thoughts on error propagation

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri May 9 07:01:35 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 08:38 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:

> First, we have the long-lived surfaces that, for example, are bound to a
> window and thus are used repeatedly as the target of multiple cairo_t.
> As this is a destination, we don't care about error propagation and
> having to rebuild the surface would be a hindrance (and error-prone).

I'm still yet to see what kind of errors people have in mind when they
say the error should not be propagated to the surface.  And no, we don't
typically have long-lived surfaces bound to a window.  GTK+ creates a
surface on each expose for example (IIRC).

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759