[cairo] User-fonts landed

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon May 12 14:59:29 PDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> Just pushed 40 commits, landing all the user-font stuff I had.  Will
>  look in the following issues in the coming days:
>
>   - Documenting new API
>   - Testing user-fonts using other fonts
>   - Figuring out what to do with font options (non-AA, subpixel, metrics
>  hinting)
>   - Peter's issues
>
>  That's all for now.  Review appreciated.

Great work, thanks, I'm happy to see that this is finally in :)  I
looked through the patches briefly and caught this:

+#define STROKE 13
+#define CLOSE 14

Those defines should be bumped now that you've add a baseline to the
grid.  In the example font no glyphs actually have points below the
baseline, so it works by accident.  I recommend

#define STROKE 126
#define CLOSE 127

And adding a few glyphs with points below the baseline would probably
be a nice idea.

cheers,
Kristian