[cairo] Drawing a sound wave

Joseph Bain mrjoebain at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 05:29:29 PST 2008

Hi,

I want to use Cairo to draw a live sound wave. I'm writing some
beat/tempo detection software and want to include a graph of the sound
wave as a visual representation of the process. The drawing should show
the last 10 seconds of sound and it is real time so there is no
opportunity to process the whole thing first. As the graph is constantly
updating (I found 10 times a second reasonable) it's not really
practical to redraw the new graph every time. I'm not very experienced
with Cairo and I would appreciate any thoughts on how best to do this.

Regards,

Joe