[cairo] MIPMAPPING cairo.

Bill Spitzak spitzak at thefoundry.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 12:40:14 PST 2008

Soeren Sandmann wrote:

> (2) The two first filters can be implemented outside of pixman with no
>     loss of efficiency. The application would create the mipmap
>     pyramid itself as a set of pixman images, and instead of calling
>     pixman_image_composite() with the original source image, it would
>     call it on one of the mipmaps with the transformation matrix
>     adjusted appropriately. Depending on whether the application sets
>     a "nearest" or a "bilinear" filter, it would get equivalent
>     results to "Simple Mipmap" or "Bilinear Mipmap".

This is also how you can do the "integer box filter followed by bilinear
filter" that I suggested and I think is what Jeff is doing. The box
filter can be done by Cairo and then the result handed to pixman/x to do
the bilinear part.

--
Bill Spitzak, Senior Software Engineer
The Foundry, 618 Hampton Drive, Venice, CA, 90291, USA