[cairo] cairo 1.8.2 error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion

Shailendra Jain shailen.n.jain at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 06:12:18 PST 2008

Hi,

   I have tried compiling cairo 1.8.2 on AIX machine. While compiling the
code, I got the below error while running 'autoreconf --install'

build/configure.ac.features:59: error: m4_defn: undefined macro:
_m4_divert_diversion
build/configure.ac.features:59: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

  Can someone please advise ?

Below are the version info for autoconf and automake

1. Version used for autoconf(GNU Autoconf) - 2.6.1
2. Version used for automake is - 1.9-1

Thanks,
Shailendra