[cairo] GSoC: Scan converting rasteriser update

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Sat Nov 8 13:53:17 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 04:13:35PM -0500, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 06:43:04PM +0200, M Joonas Pihlaja wrote:
> > I hope the new spans-pruning branch proves easier to review now
> > that there's less irrelevant clutter in there.
>
> Here's a review of the path-fixed changes:

[snip]

And some initial review of the cairo-spans changes:

[cairo-spans] Introduce a type to track which pixels combine in a compositing op.
- This seems like a pretty good idea
- I haven't looked at it's use yet.

[cairo-spans] New _cairo_path_fixed_fill_to_span_renderer().
- OUT_self doesn't really follow a the cairo style
- OUT_converter in _begin_rendering()
- I wonder if _cairo_path_fixed_fill_to_span_renderer() would be simpler if
  _begin_rendering and _end_rendering were not split out. I think it could
  simplify the error handling.

[cairo-spans] New cairo_delta_spans_t.
- I need to look at this more

[cairo-spans] Render clip mask surfaces with spans if we can.
- _cairo_clip_intersect_mask_with_spans() isn't a good name
  it makes it sound like we are intersecting the mask the some spans
  when in fact we are doing an intersect between two masks()
  using a span renderer
- can we use SRC to an unitialized surface instead of initializing a surface
  and then doing ADD?
- we should also probably not construct a new surface unless the new clip
  is much smaller than the current clip otherwise it feels like we are wasting
  our time constructing a new clip when the old one will do.

-Jeff