[cairo] Cairo error

Tom Sobey tsobey at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 08:12:55 PST 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to run a piece of scientific software on my Macbook with Leopard. This software is Gwyddion:
http://gwyddion.net/
which I have successfully installed through Macports.

However when I run it from terminal I get the following:

Toms-MacBook:bin tsobey$ export DISPLAY=:0
Toms-MacBook:bin tsobey$ ./gwyddion
Assertion failed: (status > CAIRO_STATUS_SUCCESS && status <= CAIRO_STATUS_LAST_STATUS), function _cairo_error, file cairo.c, line 87.
Abort trap
Toms-MacBook:bin tsobey$

Any ideas on what might be going wrong with Cairo and what I should do about it?

Thanks very much,

Tom Sobey
tsobey at hotmail.com

Tom Sobey
Doctoral Student
Technical University Munich
E14 - Biomolecular Systems und Bioelectronics
James-Franck-Str. 1
85748 Garching

tsobey at mytum.de
Office: +49 (0)89 2891 3814 or -3826