[cairo] configure error for cairo-1.6.4

tina nambiar teena.nambiar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 00:48:09 PST 2008

Hi all ,

when i try ./configure --build=arm-linux --host=i686-linux
--enable-directfb=yes --enable-xlib=no --enable-xlib-xrender=no
--enable-xcb=no --without-x --disable-win32 --enable-freetype

for cairo-1.6.4 i get the error

checking for cairo's FreeType font backend...
checking for FONTCONFIG... yes
checking for FcFini... no
no
checking whether cairo's FreeType font backend could be enabled... no
(requires fontconfig)
configure: error: requested FreeType font backend could not be enabled

the config.log says the following

configure:27789: checking for FcFini
configure:27845: arm-linux-gnu-gcc -o conftest -g -O2
-I/root/usr/cpusr/moz//include     conftest.c  -lm -L/root/usr/cpusr/moz/lib
>&5
/tmp/ccOI075p.o(.text+0x4): In function `main':
/root/Desktop/cairo-1.6.4/conftest.c:59: undefined reference to `FcFini'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:27851: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
http://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=cairo"
| #define PACKAGE "cairo"
| #define VERSION "1.6.4"
| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
| #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
| #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
  #define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
| #define FLOAT_WORDS_BIGENDIAN 1
| #define HAVE_CTIME_R 1
| #define HAVE_DRAND48 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| /* Define FcFini to an innocuous variant, in case <limits.h> declares
FcFini.
|    For example, HP-UX 11i <limits.h> declares gettimeofday.  */
| #define FcFini innocuous_FcFini
|
| /* System header to define __stub macros and hopefully few prototypes,
|     which can conflict with char FcFini (); below.
|     Prefer <limits.h> to <assert.h> if __STDC__ is defined, since
|     <limits.h> exists even on freestanding compilers.  */
|
| #ifdef __STDC__
| # include <limits.h>
| #else
| # include <assert.h>
| #endif
|
| #undef FcFini
|
| /* Override any GCC internal prototype to avoid an error.
|    Use char because int might match the return type of a GCC
|    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C"
| #endif
| char FcFini ();
| /* The GNU C library defines this for functions which it implements
|     to always fail with ENOSYS.  Some functions are actually named
|     something starting with __ and the normal name is an alias.  */
| #if defined __stub_FcFini || defined __stub___FcFini
| choke me
| #endif

int
| main ()
| {
| return FcFini ();
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:27869: result: no
configure:27877: result: no
configure:28046: checking whether cairo's FreeType font backend could be
enabled
configure:28049: result: no (requires fontconfig)
configure:28074: error: requested FreeType font backend could not be enabled

could someone help me in configuring cairo properly . i already have
freetype and fontconfig libraries and other required libraries installed in
my prefix path .