[cairo] [cairo/glitz] glitz patches?

Nicolas Bruguier nicolas.bruguier at supersonicimagine.fr
Fri Nov 21 08:37:57 PST 2008

Hi Paolo,

Here is a response for both of your emails.

> 1) is there a reason why the infamous 16.6/24.8 fixed point patch has
> never been applied to Cairo (attached)?  With this patch I can run
> cairogears pretty well with only a failure on the GRAD test.

I'm not cairo maintainer, but I think glitz needs some improvements
before we can be apply this patch. I currently working to improve error
management in glitz especially when we access a resource which is not
available anymore.

> 2) I took a look at Nicolas Bruguier's branch and it looks like some
> things are not fleshed out yet and should probably not be applied to
> the freedesktop.org repository.  For example, the BindTexImage
> extension should be replicable in the EGL/AGL backends (don't know
> about GLX) but I am not sure the API should be the same one that
> Nicolas used.

I'm waiting for this issue to be resolved associated with my account
creation,
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/sitewranglers/2008-November/004829.html
so I can commit my modifications on freedesktop git and to create my own
cairo branch.

> Also, I'm working here-and-then on a Cocoa (NSOpenGL) backend.  Are
> you interested?

All patch and glitz improvements are welcome, I'll take a look at your
git repos, to review and apply your patches in upstream.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Bruguier
R&D Software Engineer

Email : nicolas.bruguier at supersonicimagine.fr

www.supersonicimagine.fr

===================================
CONFIDENTIAL
The information contained in this message and any attachments hereto are
intended only for the personal use of the designated recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication, and as
such, is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error, and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is prohibited. Please notify us
immediately by telephone.

NOTA:
Supersonic Imagine is a proud contributor to the open source community.
For all mails related to my open source activities the above clause is
not applicable.