[cairo] Win32 Building

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Oct 31 15:55:09 PDT 2008

Travis Griggs wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
>> Antoine Azar wrote:
>>> I'm trying to build with our shiny new win32 build system, but I'm
>>> encountering some problems. The build asks for several
>>> Makefile.win32.features files which are not present in the
>>> repository or
>>> on the website. There's also a Makefile.win32.features-h that can't
>>> be
>>> found.
>> Right.  The assumption so far is that no one uses git on win32.
>

> Is this the right assumption to make?
>
> If I'd wanted to do my monthly delurk and try to build something, *I*
> would have assumed best way to be as close as possible to successful
> would have been to get the real thing from a fresh git clone.

When I was writing it, asking on #cairo suggested that no one does this, given
how hard it is to get git running on win32.  If we want to make it work with
that setup we need to store the generated .win32 files in git.  We generally
don't include any generated files in git, but not a big deal if people find it
useful.

behdad