[cairo] Text performance on windows?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Sep 8 14:08:06 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 11:40 +0200, Nicholas Allen wrote:
> I also experience serious performance problems with Cairo. I have only
> run on Windows but it's performance is so bad as to make it completely
> unusable for what we need. It's a shame because the API is really
> clean and the output looks great. Hopefully, this will get fixed in
> future releases...

Hi Nick,

I'm really glad you're happy with the API and the output quality.

And I'd really like to see us improve the performance problems. Can you
give us some more details on what's not fast? Do you have something like
a minimal test case that's obviously too slow?

We do have some people on this list who are really good at cairo-win32,
(I happen to not be one of them), so I'm hopeful that with some more
details we can find a fix for you.

I hope you can have fun with cairo!