[cairo] cairomm headers location

Jonathon Jongsma jonathon at quotidian.org
Mon Sep 15 19:16:39 PDT 2008

Dave Beckett wrote:
> I package cairomm for debian and I got this bug:
>   cairomm.h at wrong location
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=488745
>
> Which does seem to bring up the question:
>   Where are the cairomm headers intended to be?
>
> By following the autotools defaults via
>  library_includedir=$(includedir)/cairomm-1.0/cairomm
> in cairomm/Makefile.am,  all headers go into
>   /usr/include/cairomm-1.0/cairomm
> and that includes cairomm.h
>
> However the standard pkg-config:
>   Cflags: -I${includedir}/cairomm-1.0
> makes the include files seem different:
>
> $ pkg-config cairomm-1.0 --cflags
> -I/usr/include/cairomm-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/freetype2
> -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/pixman-1
>
> which clearly won't find cairomm.h
>
> Is it intended that you #include <cairomm/cairomm.h>?
>
> If so, I'll close the bug as invalid

Well, regardless of what was 'intended', all of the stable releases have
been released with the main header in <cairomm/cairomm.h> so there's not
really much we can do about it at this point.  If we changed that, then
we'd break almost every program that uses cairomm, so it's not likely to
change any time soon.

--
jonner