[cairo] [cairo-announce] cairo snapshot 1.7.6 now available

Theo Veenker Theo.Veenker at let.uu.nl
Sun Sep 21 03:44:46 PDT 2008

Carl Worth wrote:
> The cairo community is happy to announce the 1.7.6 snapshot of the
> cairo graphics library. This is a "release candidate" for the upcoming
> 1.8.0 release, so we will greatly appreciate any reports of problems
> in this release, and no major changes are currently planned before
> 1.8.

A big thank you to all developers for the continuing improvement of
cairo!

I've tested 1.7.6 with my code and I still notice some problems.

Cairo_stroke_extents() doesn't yield correct results for rotated
or upscaled paths.
Refs:
   http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-May/014207.html
and
   http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2007-February/009702.html
This is a serious problem for me as I rely on extents calculation when
updating a partly changed complex drawing (only redrawing damaged areas).

And the following are less important I think, but since my reports
about them where ignored I like to annoy you again. About filling
a path with a surface pattern:
- the SVG backend does 'repeat' for CAIRO_EXTEND_NONE and CAIRO_EXTEND_PAD
- PDF and PS backends don't implement CAIRO_EXTEND_PAD
- for a rotated shape filled with a surface pattern with CAIRO_EXTEND_NONE
   the XLIB backend for some rotate angles erases the bounding box of
   the filled part to black, thus leaving a black rectangle around the
   filled part within the shape
Ref:
   http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-August/014922.html

It would be cool if (some of) these problems could be addressed before the
1.8 release, but I'll understand if not.

Regards,
Theo