[cairo] [cairo-announce] cairo snapshot 1.7.6 now available

Dave Yeo daveryeo at telus.net
Wed Sep 24 20:22:44 PDT 2008

On 09/24/08 12:15 am, Peter Weilbacher wrote:
> Hi Dave!
>
> Good that at least someone is trying to build cairo on OS/2 every now
> and then. :-)
>
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Dave Yeo wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing a strange problem on OS/2 with the revamped build system which I
>> can't figure out.
>>
>> checking for freetype-config... i:\mzfntcfgftin/freetype-config
>
> This doesn't look right:            ^          ^^
> I guess that backslash could cause some problems, but I have no clue
> where that ^H char could come from... Which shell do you use to run
> configure?
>
>     Peter.

I tried ash and pdksh, both running in EPM. The weird character doesn't
mean much. After adding a sed transform (PATH=`cmd.exe /c "echo %PATH%"
| sed -e 's@\\\\@/@g'`) to config.site the error becomes

checking for freetype-config... i:/mzfntcfgft/bin/freetype-config
checking freetype2 libtool version... awk: cmd. line:1: {printf("%d\n",
10000* + 100* + )};
awk: cmd. line:1:                                 ^ parse error
awk: cmd. line:1: {printf("%d\n", 10000* + 100* + )};
awk: cmd. line:1:                                 ^ parse error
9.7.3 - Too old

and as I mentioned basically the same code works fine with release 1.7.4.
Anyways I fixed the pkg-config files so now configure finds Freetype
fine. Still this is a strange error.
Dave