[cairo] cairo_scale < 0.5 image clarity issue

Antoine Azar cairo at antoineazar.com
Thu Sep 25 10:20:17 PDT 2008

Hi Zaheer,

there has been recent progress on that matter, you should check with Fred
Plourde. I think that two different approaches are being implemented,
mipmapping and box filtering. I would suggest using a summed area table for
box filtering. We'd be doubling the memory requirements of each image using
it but we would take almost no performance hit when doing downscale
interpolation.

Antoine