[cairo] Errors building Cairo and Pixman under Cygwin

John C. Turnbull ozemale at ozemail.com.au
Sun Apr 12 00:29:39 PDT 2009

Thanks Tor - I really appreciate the help.  I'll give those things a try and
report back.

Yes, this is all new to me and yes, it does seem difficult.  I come from a
Java world where everything just seems to work out of the box.  There is no
need to configure, make and install, you just use an IDE and graphically
select the dependencies and away you go.  Of course I appreciate that there
are platform-specific nuances in C that just don't exist with Java so I can
understand that it needs to be more complex.

I am trying to work out as much as possible on my own but it's all pretty
daunting at this early stage.

Thanks,

John