[cairo] basic question?

Charles سمير Doutriaux doutriaux1 at llnl.gov
Tue Aug 18 14:09:43 PDT 2009

Hi David,

Actually, speed is not the only issue, the way our software is
designed there's a LOT of polygons to fill and it is more pleasant to
the user to see the image pop up finished instead of looking at it
being drawn.

Beside I already implemented this via Qt (one more layer on top of
X11...) and the rendering did seem much faster if done on a
cairo_image_surface brought back up by Qt than if it was done on a
cairo_X11_surface. But then again it could be just optical illusion...
I won't get into benchmarking issues.

C.