[cairo] Cairo with OpenGL

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Dec 11 08:42:08 PST 2009

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:04:45 +0530, <matilal.abhiroop at wipro.com> wrote:
> We are trying to bring up a Webkit based browser on a platform which
> supports only OpenGL.
>
> Is the current version of Cairo capable of handling all the rendering or
> is it still being implemented ?

A current cairo snapshot (or git clone) of cairo includes a cairo-gl
backend.

This backend is still experimental, but should be somewhat functional.

There's definitely still a lot of work to be done on cairo-gl itself
before it performs well enough to be compelling, (such as switching to
shaders instead of using the fixed-function pipeline, etc.).

So those things are actively being worked on, and we would of course
love any help you might be able to offer there.

Even any feedback you have from experimenting with and using the current
state of the code would be helpful.

Thanks,