[cairo] scaled_font fini & directfb

Lionel Landwerlin llandwerlin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 18:32:33 PST 2009

Le samedi 26 décembre 2009 à 16:54 -0800, L A a écrit :
> > Wow, somebody who is actively using the dfb backend.
>
> I guess this explains why there has not been any checkins to DFB files lately.

> I really doubt that I am the last one though. Actually I think you
> might see a growing number of dfb backend users in the coming months.
> It seems that all the embedded companies are moving to DFB, and some
> projects based on Cairo are becoming popular (like webkit?).

I'm still interested with the directfb backend :)
It makes sense to use directfb when you need to precisely control over
how much graphical memory is allocated. For example X doesn't give that
kind of control. For more, you can have plenty of logs when compiling
directfb with traces, which gives you plenty of informations about how
things gets done at low level (under webkit/cairo/etc...).

Chris, if you have a better thing to use than directfb, let us know.