[cairo] Cairo with OpenGL

Freddie Witherden freddie at witherden.org
Thu Dec 31 07:19:07 PST 2009

On Thursday 31 December 2009 14:58:44 Maximilian Ernestus wrote:
> I use a mac and installed cairo via MacPorts. I don't have the "cairo-
> surface.c" file. I get the following error during runtime (Debugging
> mode because Release mode gets linking errors that i don't know how to
> get rid of):

When one uses Xcode to build a project in Debug mode it is, by default, built
with 'ZeroLink' which means that *all* linking is done at run-time. This is
why your application crashes at run-time in Debug mode but does not build at
compile time in release mode. (Your build of Cairo is missing a function you
want to use!)

For MacPorts I'd suggest +universal and maybe no_x11, Quartz is also of little
use w/OpenGL. I have built and used Cairo like this on 10.5 with no problems.

Regards, Freddie.