[cairo] UserFont size issue (ImageSurface)

Ian Britten britten at caris.com
Mon Feb 2 12:20:39 PST 2009

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> No screenshots, no code, no description of what's wrong.  What do you expect
> us to be?  Cairomancers?!  Show us your palm at least!

My apologies - I was just trying to get a feel for whether I should
expect the differences I'm seeing, or whether I'm into a problem...

Anyways, I rendered the same data to both PDF and PNG, zoomed to about
the same areas (gv, eog), and attached a couple of screenshots showing
that the PNG-generated text is too small.  The shapes of the characters
are sharp and well defined (ie: No pixelization), they're positioned
correctly, and seem to be the right thickness - The glyphs are just too
small.

At this point, I'm going to assume that there's no reason for the size
difference, and will try to get more details.  Other than what I
initially posted (Same code, same font, same size, etc), I don't have
any other details to offer at the moment...

Ian