[cairo] cairo_surface_write_to_png & out of memory return status

Pablo Romero romero619 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:05:44 PST 2009

Hello,
Im new to this list and also to cairo development.
Im replacing gd code thats embedded in an existing app with cairo calls (the app is named GrADS for those who are familiar with it).

I've successfully compiled & run the test app that's listed in the cairo website's F.A.Q.
It successfully created the "hello world" png file.

I've copied & pasted the EXACT same code into a function within the existing app's source code, i.e., any call to this function should do nothing more than create the same "hello world" png.

However, Im getting a return status of "out of memory" when trying to run the code from within the app. Im using gcc, and it appears to be compiling & linking & including fine, since it doesnt report any errors about cairo libraries/include file not being found.

I know its difficult to troubleshoot without actually seeing all of the code, but could there be anything obvious that Im missing that could cause the "out of memory" error when trying to write to a png file?
Is there anything I can test for in order to debug this further???

Thanks,
P.Romero