[cairo] cairo_set_dash performance

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 20:39:36 PST 2009

Thanks for the reply, this seems promising but could you elaborate on a
few points (sorry, I am being dense).

1) when you talk about dashed area vs. "small portion being rendered"
does this apply to other shapes?
I.e. if I have a long line describing what would appear as a polygon,
but only draw it as an outline - it would be better to not "close" the
shape (cairo_close_path at the end) but rather split the line into a few
shorter pieces and draw each one separately?

2) I actually switched from integer to double values just recently - I
wonder if this has any effect. Will switch back and retry :) All the
dash patterns are described with whole numbers, no fractions (but I
wonder if this matters for lines that are not axis aligned?)