[cairo] Drawing selected data?

Ian Britten britten at caris.com
Mon Feb 9 06:23:37 PST 2009

Thinker wrote:
>> Topic:
>> When the user selects a polygon on-screen, it is drawn as transparent
>> in a selection colour (eg: Red), on top of all the other data.  Note
>> that there may be other data on top of the polygon (text, lines),
>> and the selection is drawn on top of all that.  I need my exported
>> drawing to show this selection too.

[ snip ]

> I am working on an MadButterfly, a SVG/vector-based UI toolkit, project.
>  I had some experiences on this issue.

[ snip ]

Thanks for the suggestion, but we already have a large/extensive
framework for handling this sort of work, since we regularly work with
tens/hundreds-of-thousands of objects to be rendered.
My question was solely focused on actually rendering of data that has
already been determined to be selected, not about ways to determine
which objects are selected.

Ian