[cairo] Cairo 1.8.6 on Mac Os X 10.5.6 through macport

Ryan Schmidt cairo-2008c at ryandesign.com
Sat Jan 3 19:27:11 PST 2009

On Jan 3, 2009, at 20:39, Alain Marcotte wrote:

> I tried the suggestion below to remove /usr/local/include/dlfcn.h
> (more specifically renaming /include)
> and then clean and upgrade cairo and have no error message this
> time, thanks.

Great, I'm glad that worked.

> I currently have
> i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465) (a
> bit out of date from a quick glance on the web).
> and xcode 3.0
> Is it worth updating them?

Yes, you should upgrade to Xcode 3.1.2 (which will upgrade your Apple
gcc as well). You will experience problems with several ports if you
are using Xcode 3.0.x, for example this problem:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/LeopardProblems#ld:cycleindylibre-
exportswithusrX11liblibGL.dylib

Many ports had to include workarounds for this problem in order to
work with Xcode 3.0.x but because Xcode 3.1.x does not need these
workarounds anymore they are being removed from the Portfiles (which
means those Portfiles now require Xcode 3.1.x on Leopard).