[cairo] invalid size error, nth ping

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 05:02:57 PST 2009

Just a quick response as I'm meant to be leaving for a match...

On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 13:35 +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> I talked to ickle on IRC the other day and he suggested some fixes,
> which I applied on the branch.  I reordered the patches because he was
> not sure he wanted the cairo-spans.c part (so I placed that one last).
>
> http://www.inf.unisi.ch/~bonzini/webdav/cairo.git

I'll pull these later. Thanks.

> Commentary on my cache branch, as usual, would also be nice. :-)

I'll take another look since once again I'm in a situation where some
internal caching of server-side resources would be useful. However the
question remains is this Cairo's responsibility? We provide a similar
surface so that the application can cache as much as it deems necessary,
what further mechanism should Cairo possess? Anyway I promise to look at
your caching infrastructure again and see if helps with my problem. ;-)

> I also have some patches to glitz.git with bugfixes, added documentation
> and examples, support for 64-bit Mac OS and Cocoa, etc.; how can I get
> them integrated?  These are at
> http://www.inf.unisi.ch/~bonzini/webdav/glitz.git in branch master.

Who is responsible for glitz now? There's no shortage of good ideas in
there - though not everything looks ideal for a i915 sadly. But it would
be a shame to let it simply bitrot away, especially as we have people
interested in using and fixing up cairo/glitz once more. It currently
belongs to the xorg group - could we add a glitz group and start to add
new maintainers/developers?
-ickle