[cairo] smooth text

Mohith Manoj mohithmanoj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 19:48:55 PST 2009

Hey Jens,
I'm not an expert in the subject, but I'm quite sure you are looking for
antialiasing in cairo. Looks like its your lucky day. Cairo supports
antialiasing in two modes; GRAY and SUBPIXEL. I am using cairomm and in it
the function call looks something like this. void
Cairo::Context::set_antialias(Antialias<http://www.cairographics.org/documentation/cairomm/reference/namespaceCairo.html#2cb381e7f63bef767a7d697fc5af13b4>
 *antialias* )where Antialias is an enum with values
*ANTIALIAS_DEFAULT* *ANTIALIAS_NONE* *ANTIALIAS_GRAY* *ANTIALIAS_SUBPIXEL*