[cairo] Xlib/Xcb and EXTEND_PAD

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:02:57 PST 2009

> I just looked at the source of all the video drivers that are currently
> in Ubuntu jaunty.  There are 7 drivers that accelerate Composite in one
> form or another.  Except for the intel driver, none of them even access
> the repeatType field, so it's not much of a surprise that we get bad
> results.  Here's the breakdown (take this with a grain of salt, I didn't
> spend a lot of time looking at the individual packages):

Thanks for looking at it.

I've also create a backend for something similar to cairo, and it also
relies on REPEAT_PAD a lot.
If mozilla would use it, I don't doubt it wouldn't take long for the
drivers to accalerate it properly.
As always, it seems to be the usual chicken-egg problem render has
since its birth somewhere in 2001.

- Clemens