[cairo] pixman "Simplify clipping rule" problems

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 04:35:09 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 14 July 2009, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Siarhei Siamashka <siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com> writes:
> > > Yes, such a target would be very useful, and I would certainly make
> > > sure it passed before making releases. Some of the other test programs
> > > could be run as well - generally the one that don't use GTK+. They
> > > generally use assert() to check that things look right.
> >
> > Would something like the attached patch be good for this?
> >
> > Both scaling-test and blitters-test can be also modified to have not one,
> > but two crc checkpoints. The first one coming much earlier (after just
> > 1-2 seconds on typical hardware), so that obvious problems in the code
> > can be spotted with much lower number of iterations, saving time when
> > debugging.
>
> I'd actually the target to be a dependency of release-check, so that
> if it fail, release-check should fail.

This is quite reasonable.

> Also, there are a couple more
> tests that could be run: oob-test and trap-crasher.

It would be really good to have some basic tests in the makefile for a start.
And then just add more tests as soon as they are ready and clean enough.

Should I submit an updated patch for review? Or could you add those few needed
lines to Makefile.am as you see appropriate? This way we can probably avoid an
extra round of formatting/naming/placement tweaks ;-)

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka