[cairo] Changes in cairo-perf

André Tupinambá andrelrt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 20:21:58 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm working on pixman transform optimization and I need to run a lot
of performance tests with cairo-perf utility.
To make my work easier (and faster), I usually ran only some test,
only the ones that uses the transformations, i.e. the perfs with _mag_
or _min_.

Until cairo 1.8.6 the cairo-perf utility accepts a mask for the full
name for the tests, so always I ran my tests with something like:

taskset 2 ./perf/cairo-perf -i 100 one-rectangle_image_rgba_m
one-rectangle_similar_rgba_m

But with the new cairo-perf code, it was changed. Now I can only
provide the "family" test name, i.e. only the name before the first
'_'. This is getting my work very harder, I need to wait a lot for a
single test (well, actually I'm testing my code with cairo 1.8.6,
instead the git one).

Why was this code changed? Could the old feature came back?

Regards,

André Tupinambá