[cairo] Cairo double buffer example

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 14 16:14:16 PDT 2009

Depending on a system, another approach is to always draw into image
surface and then move image data to whatever screen API you may have.
That usually does involve at least one "direct copy" function (from
cairo image surface to whatever bitmap format is native to the system).

However, our application achieves somewhat high frame rates doing just
that (tested with the same cairo image repeatedly copied, frame rate
including drawing depends of course on complexity of drawing).

The easiest way to copy is to get access to raw surface image data and
copy directly into bitmap memory, if your system so permits (as an
example, you can do that with native Windows API or wxWidgets).

YMMV.
--M