[cairo] [RFC] Add device_extents api

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Thu Mar 26 13:30:32 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:

> What I like to see is Mozilla come up with a proposed patch that makes you
> happy and is in line with cairo's API guidelines.  Carl and I have said
> numerous times that making stroke width locking is how we'd like to see this
> solved, and there have been patches for it before.  So all needed is for
> someone to sit down and finish them.  Makes sense?

That makes sense. It wasn't clear to me that there was a decision that
stroke width locking is the right way to go.

Is this the latest word on desired API?
http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2006-May/006985.html
That proposal changes cairo_set_line_width to lock to the current CTM. Is
that behaviour change still acceptable to you and Carl at this point?

Rob
53:5-6]