[cairo] Status of glitz backend

Damian Frank damian.frank at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 14:24:23 PDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 4:29 AM, flying.toaster <flying.toaster at voila.fr> wrote:
>  That would mean that I have use a Quartz backend to get HW acceleration. So much for the portability ... (OK I can set a series of conditional includes to have all machine
> dependent stuff handled).

Using the same backend on multiple platforms is unnecessary, and
you're really not saving yourself much work by avoiding an ifdef or
three.  I would be quite surprised if you actually managed to put
together a useful application framework with no platform-specific
includes.  I think that the question you should be asking is, what
backends have performance characteristics that satisfy you?

Incidentally, to the best of my knowledge, Quartz is still not
hardware accelerated, and I don't think GDI+ is either but I'm less
sure about that.

Damian