[cairo] HELP with making cairo

Andrew S Katz (tb) akatz712 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:51:32 PDT 2009

Yes I did download GNU make and Visual C++ from Microsoft.
I made the project of GNU make, and used it to make pixman library. I
did have to make a change to the makefile for pixman since @mkdir was
creating directories named -p and release, and was inside of a loop.
The problem is that I do not know makefiles, and I think the @list is
causing 'list' to be executed as a DOS shell command, which it is not.
And this is the same problem as I had with pixman, where mkdir IS a
command with different syntax than what is specified in the makefile.

One more note is that one needs to run vsvars32.bat prior to using
Visual C++ from the command line.

Andy