[cairo] Help me benchmark pixman changes on ppc

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Wed May 27 14:14:46 PDT 2009

Hi,

> I eventually got enough time to update pixman-vmx to the new
> interface, basically get the code compile and test it and nothing
> more...
>
> Now I'd like to see it is fast enough and if force inlining helps or
> not. (optimizing the loops could happen sooner or later)

Thanks for fixing this.

I looked over the patch, and to the extent I understand Altivec, it
looks good. The only comment I have is that personally, I'd just have
put in an "if (mask)" in the nomask loop, the way it's done in sse2
and mmx. That's your call, though.

> Anybody is willing to give it a try before it lands master? (pending
> getting the fdo account unlocked)

Let me know if you want me to push it to master.

Thanks,
Soren