[cairo] Styling fonts for drawing with Quartz

Matthew Garden MatthewGarden at smarttech.com
Tue Nov 24 13:49:08 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm working with cairo-quartz to do some text rendering, but I'm stuck on how to apply styling to the font.

In Windows it's possible to use a structure like LOGFONTW to hold font information to create a font face.  When using Quartz with Cairo what is the equivalent when using CGFont (or with Cocoa if that's possible)?  From what I've read, it seems like I'd have to create the Cairo font face using the CGFontRef and then get the CGContext for the surface and manipulate that...

Thanks,
Matt