[cairo] Pixman scaling performance

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Fri Nov 27 04:11:41 PST 2009

Siarhei Siamashka <siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com> writes:

> It's mostly a question about the status of
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~sandmann/pixman/log/?h=unroll
> branch, which should improve performance of nearest scaling.
>
> If tested with render_bench program on ARM Cortex-A8, we get the
> following results (it's mostly showing the performance of OVER
> compositing operation with nearest or bilinear scaling).
>
> As expected, bilinear scaling improved a lot in git (almost reaching
> imlib2), but nearest scaling is still a bit too slow.
>
> Both SRC and OVER operations are quite important for browsers.

I was hoping that someone would take your old scaling fast paths and

        - do them with preprocessor macros instead of duplicating them

        - go through the fast path system on top of the 'flags' branch
          instead of the additional if statements.

But it may make sese to merge the unroll branch regardless.

Soren