[cairo] Compiling on old Linuxes

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Thu Oct 8 10:58:32 PDT 2009

Much thanks to those that have helped me get relocatable/distributable
builds for both Windows and OSX, here or on the IRC channel.

I'm now trying to get a build or Linux. I'm using the 1.9.2 snapshot.
I had to comment out the check in configure about requiring a native
font backend.

I'm now getting this set of errors:

cairo-xlib-display.c: In function
`_cairo_xlib_display_get_xrender_format':
cairo-xlib-display.c:518: `PictStandardA1' undeclared (first use in
this function)
cairo-xlib-display.c:518: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
cairo-xlib-display.c:518: for each function it appears in.)
cairo-xlib-display.c:520: `PictStandardA8' undeclared (first use in
this function)
cairo-xlib-display.c:522: `PictStandardRGB24' undeclared (first use in
this function)
cairo-xlib-display.c:526: `PictStandardARGB32' undeclared (first use
in this function)
cairo-xlib-display.c:528: implicit declaration of function
`XRenderFindStandardFormat'
cairo-xlib-display.c:529: warning: assignment makes pointer from
integer without a cast
cairo-xlib-display.c:514: warning: `pict_format' might be used
uninitialized in this function
make[3]: *** [cairo-xlib-display.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2

I'm guessing that while it found XRender support when running
configure, the XRender support here is too old? Or maybe something
else? Anyone give any hints on what to hunt down?

This is a Red Hat 7.2 box, which I know is old, but is what some of
our customers actually run on.

Thanks!

--
Travis Griggs